*Events calendar prepared just for providing information and any information contained in the Event Calendar does not carry any advisory quality. The entire responsibility for any decision to be made on the basis of the information contained herein is the sole responsibility of the user. Our company shall not be liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with the operation of the information or date change on this calendar. In this context, the information and dates presented in the Events Calendar are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be precision or advisory.
WRC – WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP MARMARIS
September 12-8:00 am - September 15-5:00 pm
- No previous experience of stages for either competitors or back-up teams
- Drivers and co-drivers must prepare pace notes from a blank piece of paper.
- Little opportunity to perfect car set-up ahead of the rally.
- Lack of knowledge of tyre performance and wear.
- Gravel suspension.
- On the rocky mountain roads, drivers may raise their car’s ride height to cope with rough conditions during the second pass.
- Both soft and hard compound tyres likely to come into play.
- Rally of Turkey was first held in 2000 and three years later it debuted in the WRC
- Carlos Sainz won the inaugural event based in Kemer, near Antalya.
- In 2010 the rally moved north to roads near Istanbul, in the Asian part of the country. It left the championship that year and 2018 marks Turkey’s first WRC fixture since.
- Sébastien Loeb tops the winners’ hall of fame with three victories. Citroën has four wins to its name.